Experts in veterinary surgery insurance
We would like to clarify the position regarding cover under your surgery policy.
Business Interruption (Loss of Gross Fees)
In common with most other insurers, there is no cover under the specified diseases extension of the Ecclesiastical policy as COVID-19 is not one of the specified diseases covered. The Business Interruption standard cover for non-damage denial of access also excludes denial of access caused by infectious disease.
You can be certain that Shire Insurance Services has taken the necessary steps to continue business as usual and operate at full capacity.
If you require further clarification, please do not hesitate to call us, you can also find further information on your Ecclesiastical policy using the link below;
Shire have over 30 years’ experience in handling our own veterinary schemes. Our claims handlers offer second to none service and expertise. We believe in a personal approach, we will offer you expert advice and recommendations based on our understanding of your situation.
The policy we recommend is one that has been designed through regular interaction with our veterinary clients.
Our Surgery benefits include:
- Veterinary specific “all Risks” wording
- Automatic inclusion of Professional Indemnity
- Loss of gross fees £3m per site for 24 months indemnity
- Equipment Breakdown included at no extra cost
- Cover given for Equipment used away from the premises up to £40,000
- Deterioration of drugs and vaccines in a refrigeration unit up to £10,000 per unit
- Animals in custody or control are covered up to a value of £25,000 per animal
- Commercial Legal Protection cover of £250,000 any one claim via DAS Legal Expenses Insurance Company