Specialised Veterinary Services
Following the Shire Insurance acquisition of Veterinary Insurance Agency in October 2009, we are pleased to continue offering many forms of insurance to the veterinary profession.
Which includes surgery insurance, fleet insurance, professional indemnity, locum insurance, private medical insurance, home insurance, autoclave insurance and inspection, staff disability and ambulance insurance.
Shire Insurance sponsor veterinary meetings, exhibitions and conferences and regularly host the SPVS golf day through The Veterinary Insurance Agency. The Veterinary Insurance Agency began in 1948 and in 2002 was acquired by Keith Dickinson, Director of Shire Insurance, who had begun offering insurance and finance to the veterinary profession in 1981.
- Limits of indemnity from £100k to £10m
- Experienced legal handlers
- 24-hour veterinary helpline
- Locums covered
- Legal representation
- 24 hour Claims helpline
- Equipment Breakdown
- Deterioration of drugs and vaccines
- Animals in custody or control are covered
- Commercial Legal Protection cover
- Veterinary specific occupation cover
- Weekly fixed benefit payable
- Policy covers temporary and permanent total disablement
- Hazardous pursuits included eg Skiing
- No receipts required in the event of a claim
- Cover for dental, optical, prescriptions and more
- Three membership levels
- 24/7 GP service & helpline
- Mental health assistance
- Shopping & Cinema discounts